Saturday, August 22, 2009

File #90022280

Update
Because I haven't for so long.

I realized I haven't kept up with posting/informing people and friends what is actually going on in my life. Through IMs, all I really say is "oh, same old", or "just the usual". I've also noticed I've been steadily withdrawing from society for the past few months. Could I be on the road to becoming a hikikomori? Now that's an entertaining thought.
I've been buying a lot of games through Steam to pass the time these days. Call of Duty: World at War was better than I gave it credit for. But mostly for the zombie mode. And it is still nothing compared to Modern Warfare. I'm searching for some games to waste enormous amounts of time on(without becoming addicted to WoW, NEVER) like a good MMORPG or an entertaining RTS. Keeping away from Maplestory, as my only playing buddy is too busy having a social life. Dived back into Supreme Commander for a while, back into its awesome level of scale and detailed plans of attack. Truly a game years ahead of its time. The only problem is that because its years ahead of its time, my computer can't run it on its highest settings. How the heck did they know what the highest settings looked like before release? Someone out there must have a computer brought from the future through Stargate of something.
Speaking of Stargate, in my effort of finding ways to way time, I've actually been watching a lot of television shows(on my computer of course!). Shows like Lost, Scrubs, Stargate: Atlantis, SG-1, CNN, and the Weather Channel.
In terms of anime, the season is still chugging along slowly. Haruhi is slowly, but not adequately, redeeming itself. Tokyo Magnitude 8 is rather too laidback to be called a disaster. Detective Conan releases are few and far between. The seventh Kara no Kyoukai movie was nice, I enjoyed it. FMA: Brotherhood is finally getting interesting as its beginning to branch off from the first one. Hayate the Combat Butler is entertaining as always. Tears to Tiara is continuing to be awesome, regardless of how many times I question the name. and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, which I shall just reduce to Umineko from now on, its bloody hilarious, bloody hilarious. And I discovered that Valkyria Chronicles is actually more entertaining if you: (a)played the game, (b)watch it out of order and have idea what the heck is going on, or (c)watch it backwards, as the story seems somehow more effective or something. And needless to say, Bakemonogatari is still number one with its wicked sick jabs and cutthroat jokes.
Aside from all the time spent in front of my computer, I've been at work. It feels like I'm at work from dawn to dusk some days. But in return, I feel like I get entire days of nothing to do. So I think it levels out in the end.
Classes start again soon. I'm not looking forward to it, but its only a little longer before graduation so I'll do my best to hang in there.
I've also been randomly hearing the radio every now and then. Horrible. Songs get stuck in my head too easy. Is that just me? Too easy? I guess so, I'm easy like that. But honestly, getting song like that stuck in your head all day? Not fun.
Lastly, I am spending at least an hour a day trying to improve my literary skills by writing a chapter or freewriting, maybe people will get to read it someday. Who knows?
Had Starbucks Coffee for the first time in forever, felt so good. I knew there was a reason I was a Starbucks Loyalist. How do you wake up in the morning?

4 comments:

  1. HEY DUDE!! I am glad you updated your blog! :)

    I used to listen to the radio all the time but now, it seems like Top 40 is so... so... so... awful. How can people listen to that crap? It is all the same with predictable beats and horrid lyrics. UGG! Anyway - I'm ranting...

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You listened to Casey Kasem too? I grew up up listening to that on Sunday mornings lol. Now its just...yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of that song. o.o I wake up coffee, but not Starbucks. Have to be loyal to Tim Hortons here. Hehe ^^

    Listen to the radio, too. Don't like most of the new stuff, it's too......er...yeah. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really meant "I wake up coffee..." up there. Not. -_-

    ReplyDelete