Saturday, September 18, 2010

On Hobbies

Other than watching anime and games.
There are other things in life, right?

So after looking over my posts, I realized most of everything I talk about falls into three categories. There are shows, American television or anime, like Fringe which is starting again next week! YEAH! There are games, computer games mainly, like Starcraft 2 and Medal of Honor. And then there's music, like trance, ASOT is the greatest form of music ever. Truth.
So one might ask, but Kai, you can't be watching shows or gaming or listening to ASOT all the time? WRONG, I can do all those things all the time. Okay, let's be realistic, I have time set aside for other hobbies. Now hold on just a second, for some reason that just makes me sound unfaithful to my primary hobbies. Anyway, I avert my attention to other things every now and then.
Ever since I was a kid, I loved Legos. They were fun to build. If you had enough creativity, you could build anything. So I've been a collector for many years now. Recently I went through I decline in my Lego purchases simply because: 1) I have no space in my humble abode to display them and I hate keeping them in a box in the closet, and 2) Lego recently went through a period of making their sets easier to build with less pieces and that was no fun. Lego recently signed a contract with Disney(or Nick, I forget), so now there's a lot of themes I'm not interested in like Toy Story and Spongebob. I still like some of their other themes though, like the new Space Police line, the City line, and their architecture line(which makes great cubicle decorations by the way). I have the Space Needle on my desk at work, its quite nice. Lego's been back on the climb again though, going into new ground and releasing a transit station with a city bus and tram. Then there's the long awaited cargo trailer truck, which even has tiny Lego boxes. A while back, they started releasing these huge buildings that were tremendously huge and took a lot of pieces to build. One of those costed about $150. And now they are shipping out limited Collector's minifigs, which are all quite hilarious like the zombie and my personal fav, the sombrero man. Okay, enough about Legos, for now.

Another thing I like to collect that I just just started to acquire was the Mcfarlane Toys Halo line. I don't get all of them, but there is a few that I want to go out of my way to have on my shelf. I had a Master Chief for the longest time and I've been thinking about getting the Rookie from Halo: ODST. The latest series for the Reach generation looks quite nice, I will probably grab a Noble 6. Although I have to carefully compare it to Square Enix's version.
While we're on the subject of action figures, how about them nice looking Starcraft 2 figures coming out next year?

So as you can well see, I happen to be quite the toy collector. My room is full of Legos and things, even a few stuffed and puffy creatures from beyond. And I won't link the Ebay page for those because I'm still buying all of them. Don't ask why. I don't really know either. Some people have their Legos fight other Legos, I have mine battle it out with giant fat birds.

For a more productive and useful hobby, I like to learn about other languages. I have dictionaries of every major language I can think of and can speak probably just enough to survive if I get kidnapped and abandoned in said country. I think it's useful, or I'll be made fun of because of my noob accent. The bad thing about this hobby is that there really is nobody to practice with and nobody who shares the same hobby. It's either one other language or none other language for most people. Oh well, I'll be special. Just don't ask me to speak in other languages, I don't know why, but its kind of embarrassing unless necessary.

I've talked enough about my hobbies and link spammed enough for today. Have some videos.




People with relationships are advised against the playing of this game, glad I don't have any.


I want that album, just for the laughs. Nothing better than listening to Terran Up the Night. lol.

Okay, I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment