Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year in Review

It's 2012 and I'm late to the party. Last year was pretty good, but I expect more out of this upcoming year. 2011 went pretty steady with no changes to much of anything. It was nice time to stay in the comfort zone, a time to regrow lost roots and rest. With the ups and downs of previous years, last year was welcome stagnation. But now its time to move again and get things accomplished.



I watched a lot of American television last year. Fringe, Psyche, Bones, NCIS, Burn Notice, and Hawaii Five-O to name a few. It was a good year too, my faith in American television was restored with confidence. I'm a sucker for guns and explosions and they exploited my wanton desires fully. They proved that American television was not just comedy sitcoms or reality shows. If I had to say, I think I watched just as much American television as I did anime.
And speaking of anime, there was no shortage of cookie cutter filler shows. Every year I feel the studios falling more to pandering otaku crap. But in spite of it all, there were many good shows. Stein's;Gate, Madoka Magica, Korean Zombie Desk Car(Kore wa Zombie desu ka?), and some guilty pleasures like Idolm@ster and Infinite Stratos. I haven't lost my faith in the anime industry yet and it feels good. The anime community however, is a different story.

I went to AFO during the summer and it was a good con. Although I had lots of fun, there was just too much downtime of boredom between the fun times. I used to enjoy cons to the fullest, but now I've passed that scene. Besides the fact that I do not agree with mainstream tastes, cons do not entertain my senses to the nth degree anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but time to move onto other things for me.

And those other things I did plenty. Had the chance to drive around, back and forth to Atlanta, Georgia a few times. I love traveling, I have that spirit of adventure still inside my soul. The desire to see new places, meet new people, and eat are always present within me. I come to realize again and again every year that I am a wanderer, staying in one place for too long does not bode well for me. I got a Pentax k-x DSLR last year, I am going to try and use it more this year. Indulging in some photography would be a nice new hobby.

One hobby I do not find myself giving up is my love for trance. A State of Trance is still going strong and I love every second of it. The best of 2011 and the Yearmix just passed and I loved them. There was some bad brostep in my trance this year, but I'm willing to forgive. Still like jazz too, mhm, smooth jazz.



Gaming was great in 2011. There were so many games, so many good games. Deus Ex, Sonic Generations, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, and so many others. It was truly a year for games to shine and I savored every purchase. The endless hours of fun I had, and the hours of joy I have yet to experience. There is truly no greater buy than the gift that keeps on giving.





As far as people go, I regressed into a state of isolationist policies. I do not talk to people much in person anymore, it is always over the internet or phone. Not that I do not want to, everyone I want to talk to is just so far away. I was afraid for a while I might actually lose contact with some friends, but I am glad they are still around to deal with my crap. Losing any one of them would be a harsh blow, I'm glad they stick around. Still without a girlfriend, probably for the better. Still can't get someone out of my head. Could be bad actually. Anyway, I have to work on that this year.

Last year was a good year. This is will be a great year, time to get cracking.
Oh yeah, I'll just leave these here.





'Til next time, Kai is out! (Happy New Year! Have a great one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment